Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EFS to determine range based on time of day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS to determine range based on time of day.

Many traders use the first 30 minutes or hour of the market to determine the range for the day. I would like to request an EFS script that will automatically mark the high and low with a solid line based on the time frame the user defines. The time could be selected in the properties/edit studies menu. The attached chart is marked manually with solid lines at the high and low for the first hour of trading.

thank you,

cas
    Attached Files

Check this out, I wrote it yesterday and may help
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You

Thank you Dloomis
      You just one step ahed of me : I was about to ask this efs since I always trace on CQG the max min of the first 30Min bar.
      can you make a simple add for me? In cqg I unsuccesfully tried with the "bar since" to build up a simple Strategy for BT .
      Can you help me in efs? It's -you know it- very very simple:
      "when Cl of the first bar after the very first bar on 30 Min is Above the Treshold of CL of First Bar 3oMin Go Long at OHLCL/4 of next bar ;When ..............is Below the Treshold of CL..............Go short at OHLCL/4 of next bar.......".
      Thank you!!
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Sorry Fabrizio, I am not up to speed on back testing.

Comment

I would like to also suggest the possibility of being able to mark the high and low of an interval at the end of day yesterday, such as the last hour. The poster wants to be able to mark the high and low of the first range of the day. I would like to see this too, but also to be able to view this in the perspective of the last hour's range. It is apparent from many threads here that eSignal has difficulties with this type of "cross-day" issue, but it would be very useful nonetheless.
          Tom

Comment

David,

Thanks for the EFS. I think I could adapt that to draw a line based on the time formula....BUT, it would only work on a chart if I had that symbol in the chart before 10:00 (or what ever time I use). If I changed the symbol after 10:00, it would mark the high/low up to what ever period up to that point.....because I don't know how to code it to only read how many bars are in the first 30mins, 60mins, etc. I would think you could read the chart time frame, and then do the math to see how many bars there are, and index back to them...but that type of stuff is WAY beyond what I'm capable....hopefully someone can figure this out. Being able to mark timeframes would be a very usefull addition to esignal.

cas

Comment

cas

When I load term.efs I get a line drawn at the high and low of the first hour. The efs doesnt seem dependent on when the chart is loaded - because I used bar time, not clock time to do the math.

Do you see something else?
              Attached Files

Comment

David,

I re-looked at it when I was completely awake...you're right, that does work even if you load it later. I had the same color(red) on some other things and I confused your lines with those. Thanks....this helps alot.

cas

Comment

TERM.EFS

term.efs is great.

Can it be modified to either:

1. allow user to adjust timerange that it draws lines for (30m , 60m, etc.)

2. create a new efs that will note the first 30m range.

THANKS.

Comment

tradersaavy
                    Click here and download HiLo_firstXminutes.efs. That should do what you are looking for.
                    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Once again, you are awesome !

It works perfectly.

Comment

tradersaavy
                        Thank you for the compliment.
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X