Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FX989231
    Steve

I attach the Word doc that contain the Data in case the text file does not come out correct

Regards
    You posted the Word file while I was composing my previous response, so I did not see it. A word file is not suitable, it needs to be a txt or csv file.

Comment

Steve

I sorted the data and restored it. Please advice if it is now correct

Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Steve

When I save the data and open it again there is only one record per line, but the moment I post it and open it from the post they are no longer in that format, any reason for this?

Comment

Kobus,

There were some issues when selecting the text file with the browser, the file was not displaying correctly as the line feeds were missing. I see you noted that as well. I went ahead and right clicked the file to save it to a file, then opened the file with a text editor.

Your first file was actually pretty close, with the exception of the 'Oct' in the first line. Sorry for the confusion.

I will store the file in the C:\Program Files\eSignal\FormulaOutput\Kobus folder (C:\Program Files/eSignal/Formulas/Kobus is normally not accessible from an efs) and access it from there.

Here is the data format as it should appear in a text editor. I will read and parse this format (quotes are not required).

PHP Code:
          4/12/2005,56
          /19/2005,62
          /26/2005,59
          /3/2005,55
          /10/2005,55 
          /17/2005,35
          /24/2005,27
          /31/2005,23
          /7/2005,25
          /14/2005,17 
          /21/2005,21
          /28/2005,14
          /5/2005,13
          /12/2005,11
          /19/2005,
          /26/2005,14
          /2/2005,17
          /9/2005,18
          /16/2005,37
          /23/2005,40 
          Finally, the data seems to be on a Tuesday. Do you want the line to start on Tuesday morning or Wednesday morning?

Comment

Steve

Thank you for the explanation, I thought I was doing something wrong and could not figure out what.

Tuesday start will be fine, that will only mean that the plot is late once per week since the file will be updated on a Wednesday, but all the historical plots will be correct since they will be all on a Tuesday.

Regards

Comment

Steve

I attach the data file which I hope open correct now.

Regards
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kobus,

I had actually started working on this last night. Once we figured out what was happening, I was able to get started. I will post something when I get closer to a solution on this for you. I am hoping to finish up in several days, but it may take longer, we will see.
                Last edited by ; 10-19-2006, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Kobus,

Please take a look at this and let me know what else you want on the efs relative to functionParameter inputs (e.g. color, line thickness, etc) so we can finish it up for you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Steve

Thank you very much, great job, it must have taken you hours looking at your code, I appreciate it very much.

As for functionParameter inputs only the MA length would be fine, colour and line thickness is fine.

If not to much trouble I would appreciate the following:
                    A line at 0 and 100 to plot in black. As can be seen on the snapshot the highest value that can be seen is just over 98 in this case, but the data value in the week starting 15Aug was 100, this is not visible on the chart.

If possible for the data (red) to connect at the ends as indicated on the snapshot, if not possible then its no problem.

Thank you again

Regards
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kobus,

I believe I got everything on this last go-through.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Steve

Thank you very much, absolutely brilliant, looking at your code, I must confess that I could never have come up with that in years. I stand completely humbled and can not find proper words to thank you for your time and effort, I realy appreciate it.

I do want to ask one more question, completely unrelated to what you just did. The question is this: Is it possible to draw a vertical line at a specific date and time in the future on the price pane. Say for instance you want to mark a date a few weeks from now, but load the efs now in order not to forget, but it will only appear on the date specified?

Regards

Comment

Hi Kobus,

You are most welcome, thanks as well for the compliments.

As to your additional request, yes, that can be done readily with the same efs with only minor changes. (e.g. draw vertical line, assume one day duration, supplying text description versus numerical value).

This other request does have merit, but I do not have enough hours in the next couple months to pursue. By all means, please give it a shot, you know the saying... “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”.

Comment

similar case

Hi Steve

i downloaded this EFS you did and it works fine as long as i use the data i copied from the post

my data is a little different as it is daily and has decimals and all it gives is a flat line

i included my data file

could you tell me why its not working

thank you in advance

Richard
                            Attached Files

Comment

sorry 1 more question

i also would like to go to smaller Time frame as i have data for 1h and 15 min

is that a problem

thanks

Comment

Re: similar case

Hi Richard,

Originally posted by richbois

i downloaded this EFS you did and it works fine as long as i use the data i copied from the post

my data is a little different as it is daily and has decimals and all it gives is a flat line
                                The data file needs to be comma delimited between the date and the data, then the next data point must be on the next line. I cannot tell if you have line feeds or not based on the file you posted (see discussion further down in the thread).

I believe the data being daily should work, but I have not tested it, as the file data is intended to span several bars on the chart.

i also would like to go to smaller Time frame as i have data for 1h and 15 min
                                This will not work as presently written, the loadHistoryFile function is written to process dates, not durations that are less than 1 day.

I hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X