Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average Daily Range? Does one exist in EFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Daily Range? Does one exist in EFS?

I have been studying several/many strategies for FOREX trading that utilize the Average Daily Range of a particular pair for x amount of days.

The strategies seem plausable but require the data. Of course one way is to manually configure, probably on EXCEL. But of course there is the time element.

If an EFS study exists or a web-site with the date, one Will Chase would surely be grateful.

Thanks and happy trading.

PS; these strategies mainly are from the book: "Beat the Odds in Forex Trading" by Igor Toshchakov aka IGROK.

Under the Chart Options-Basic Studies-Average True Range menu option there is an indicator invented by Welles Wilder.

It's an average range indicator where you select the number of periods. It's "true" in the sense that it factors in gaps from the prior bar.

Thanks for the tip on the book, let's us know how the systems backtest as I spend alot of time developing systems for FOREX and would be happy to share ideas.

I would definately check out the backtesting tutorials that were recently published in the knowledgebase as they are IMHO worth alot more then their weight in gold...

glen
    Last edited by demarcog; 10-25-2006, 10:17 AM.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X