Angle of Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle of Line

is there a built-in efs function, or has some written some code, to determine the slope/angle, say of an EMA line?

Here is one that has 2 moving averages that can be set through the Edit Studies window. I set the defaut of both to the same value.
    You can choose any length you want, plus there is a choice between SMA, EMA, etc.
    The line will also change colours depending on the degrees you choose for it to change colour on.

It also plots the degree/slope of the 1st MA in the top right hand corner.

Play around with the settings and see if it fit your purpose.

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FX989231; 12-01-2006, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Ths has the code I was looking for and can use and play with. Thanks a lot

Comment

Removing MA line(s) from Price Bar Window

Hello FX989231

I happen to stumble across your post, and have downloaded a copy of your efs.

I am fairly new when it comes to writing and editing efs's, I am trying to separate the MA line(s) from the price bar window.

I attempted to do this by changing the following setting;
        original - setPriceStudy (false);
        Changed to - setPriceStudy (true);

I had read in another post that by making this change, it would place the MA line(s) and place them in a separate window.

The result I got was no change, do you have any idea how I can make this work.

Thanks in advance, I will continue to work with your efs, any feedback you or anyone else can offer is appreciated.

Comment

MA in separate window

Royce,
          if you want it in a separate window from the price bars, "false" is the correct word.
          You must then completely remove the efs from the chart and load it anew into your chart. Then it will be in a separate window.

when I downloaded the file, it said "true" so it loaded with the price bars.

hope that helps,
          kz
          Last edited by zeller4; 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks KZ

I tried exactly as you suggested, the MA line still shows up in the price bar window.

Royce

Comment

Separated MA

Here's a screenshot of what I believe you're trying to achieve

with this code snippet from line 31
              Attached Files

Comment

line 31
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X