slow stochastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow stochastic

I am look for a slow stochastic. The variables should be %K. %K smoothed and %D smoothed. I downloaded the file Stochastic%D, and it had what I was look for. But esignal kept giving me an error with the file.

the beggar

mforeman
    What error message are you getting?
    Also, in order for someone to try an replicate the issue you need to provide a link to where you downloaded the efs or attach the efs itself.
    Alex

Comment

function main(inputKLength, inputKSmoothing, inputDSmoothing) {
      if(inputKLength == null)
      inputKLength = 14;
      if(inputKSmoothing == null)
      inputKSmoothing = 1;
      if(inputDSmoothing == null)
      inputDSmoothing = 3;

var nSmoothing = inputDSmoothing;
      var i;
      var ret;
      var sum = 0;
      var negi;

for(i = 0; i < nSmoothing; i++) {
      ret = Call("StochasticK.efs", inputKLength, inputKSmoothing, -i);
      if(ret == null)
      return -1.0;

sum += ret;
      }

sum = sum / nSmoothing;

return sum;
      }

It was downloaded from tsSupport StochasticD.eft

Line:23
      formula file not found: Stochastic.efs

Thanks in advance
      ret = Call("StochasticK.efs", inputKLength, inputKSmoothing, -i);

Comment

mforeman
        You are getting that error message because the efs is located in a different folder from the one that contains the called efs and/or there is no path defined to that efs in the Call() function.
        You have two solutions to fix this. Either move this efs to the Library folder [which contains the called efs] or change line 23 to the following
        ret = Call("\\Library\\StochasticK.efs", inputKLength, inputKSmoothing, -i);
        Alex

Comment

It worked, but I thought it was going to plot SlowD and Slow K. Is there a way for me to add slow K to the chart with it? Or modify the efs to display SlowK

The Beggar

Comment

mforeman
            Actually the script you posted calculates and plots Slow %K and not Slow %D.
            If you want a script that calculates Slow %D then use Stoch(SlowD).efs that is available here
            Alex

Comment

The script is showing stochK, stochD, and SlowD. How can I get the slow K to show up on the same chart? Would I have to use a separate slowK efs and overlay them?

Comment

mforeman
                The script already calculates and plots the Slow %K. Just set the %K Smooth parameter to a value other than 1 (which is the default).
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X