Formula for SAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula for SAR

Does anyone have an EFS with the actual formula for the ParaBolic SAR without having to use the one built in to esignal?

I'm trying to make a script that will go long or short at the press of a button. Using the SAR as a stop. I do not want to use a 'stop and reverse' system. Thanks. What is the best way for going about this.

DB

Re: Formula for SAR

Originally posted by glay
    Does anyone have an EFS with the actual formula for the ParaBolic SAR without having to use the one built in to esignal?

I'm trying to make a script that will go long or short at the press of a button. Using the SAR as a stop. I do not want to use a 'stop and reverse' system. Thanks. What is the best way for going about this.

DB
    Hey Geoff,

Welles Wilder's invented that and can be found in his excellent book "New Concepts In Technical Trading" which is the only place I've seen it well documented.

As you mentioned the SAR indicator is usually the basis for a SAR "system", ie., closing and reversing a position based on the value returned by the SAR indicator.

But essentially the indicator is simply returning a price, so you can access that value via the standard getValue method and use that value in any way you wish in an EFS.

The SAR value and system is very similar to the other system we were working on together several months ago. That was actually loosely based on Wilder's Volatility System also documented in the book but the stops were incremented using a simplier calculation, and didn't have the same "parabolic" appearance. Check out that code.

Hope this helps.

Keep in touch,

Glen

Hope this helps
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X