Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a trading strategy efs out of indicators

Hi anyone,

I have 5 custom indicators efs scripts that i use for my FOREX trading . I need help on how to create script or code or DLL to call all the 5 custom indicators and execute trades based on those indicators. I know that you can add a strategy code into an indicator and make it a backtesting strategy but is there a way to call the 5 indicators then perform some analysis on the results of the indicators and then execute the trades based on those indicators using independent efs or DLL

e.g

if you Stochastic (14,3,3), MACD(12,26,9 ) , RSI(14) , CCI(10) ,

how do write an independent efs script or if it needs a DLL that calls the 4 or 5 indicators and then executes the trades based on the analysis.
    navyseal

Hi navyseal,

What you need to do is cut/paste the indicator specific code into a new efs that will also analyze if you should enter a trade based on some rules.

So you will have all the code that generates the different series in one efs, and also code that analyzes all the series according to a set of rules you have. This efs will not plot the indicators on the screen, it will only use the values of the series for analysis.

In your bInit block of code you would initialize all the series. Then somewhere else in the code you would have if statements that test for specific conditions of all the series. The results of the if statement would tell you to enter a trade or not. You may have several if statements, depending on how complex your rules are.

I would suggest you look at the sample backtesting code eSignal provides in the BackTesting directory on your computer to get an idea of how it works.

Steve

Comment

I am talking about Custom indicators not Builtin indicators.

I have 5 custom indicators efs .Each indicator is price based but they analyze different things. How do i combine or call the indicators from one main analysis efs or using something a like DLL.

Any help is appreciated
      navyseal

Comment

Originally posted by navyseal
        I am talking about Custom indicators not Builtin indicators.

I have 5 custom indicators efs .Each indicator is price based but they analyze different things. How do i combine or call the indicators from one main analysis efs or using something a like DLL.

Any help is appreciated
        navyseal,

The steps Steve outlined would be true regardless of whether the indicators were eSignal supplied built or Custom indicators.

You would need to take the code that comprises the 5 custom indicators and incorporate them into one EFS.

Then adding logic to interpret the individual indicator values and base trading decision based on some combination of conditions.

I have strategies that are based on several of the indicators you mentioned although there are as many ways of interpreting each indicator and combination of indicators as there are people using them. These are the "rules" that Steve was referring to in his reply.

You are not talking about a trivial programming job IMHO and if you post the indicators and explain in more detail what your "rules" then perhaps someone will offer to do it for you.

Glen
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X