ACD indicator questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACD indicator questions

Hi all, i have searched the forums and read through a seemingly endless battle with some guy a few years back about programming the indicators for this system and concept. All i need to know is how to edit the start/stop time of my pivot calculations. I understand that i would need a getprevdaysohlc indicator in conjunction with the rollingpivot and pivotrange indicators. What i dont understand is where i can change the start/stop time of the day. it would seem this software uses midnight est to do its calculations. What i am looking for is a way to change that based on the currency pair i am trading so that it can work off a 24 hour period from when its domicile market begins trading. So for example, i would want my pivot ranges to start/stop calculation at 230am est for gbp/usd. Or if trading aud/usd i could use the sydney open of 330pm est. I have these indicators all working with another platform and have looked at some of the programming requirements for esignal, but to merely test the platform for 30 days and learn the programming all seems quite intense. So if anyone can help me out here that would be great.

thanks
    rob

Was just checking to see if anyone had responded and discovered my post had been moved here. Not sure why it would be under the new study suggestions as i already have all 3 studies needed to perform what i want to do. All i need to know is how to tell the getprevdaysohlc.efs to change its start of day time from midnight est to whatever time i want. So if someone could help me out with that it would be a wonderful day.

thanks again
    Rob

Comment

Rob
      If the ACD study you are referring to is the one I wrote a while back then it cannot be modified to do what you are trying to accomplish. This is because it references the daily bar [the start/end times of which are not user definable] to perform its calculations. To do what you want would require re-writing the script from scratch.
      Alex

Originally posted by rseafler
      Hi all, i have searched the forums and read through a seemingly endless battle with some guy a few years back about programming the indicators for this system and concept. All i need to know is how to edit the start/stop time of my pivot calculations. I understand that i would need a getprevdaysohlc indicator in conjunction with the rollingpivot and pivotrange indicators. What i dont understand is where i can change the start/stop time of the day. it would seem this software uses midnight est to do its calculations. What i am looking for is a way to change that based on the currency pair i am trading so that it can work off a 24 hour period from when its domicile market begins trading. So for example, i would want my pivot ranges to start/stop calculation at 230am est for gbp/usd. Or if trading aud/usd i could use the sydney open of 330pm est. I have these indicators all working with another platform and have looked at some of the programming requirements for esignal, but to merely test the platform for 30 days and learn the programming all seems quite intense. So if anyone can help me out here that would be great.

thanks
      rob

Comment

Working...
      X