X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Histogram Colors

hello all,

I had a question.

I'm trying to modify a Histogram momentum study where the the Histogram bars are Red when below the 0 line, and Blue when above 0.

Basically, I'm trying to add a second set of colors to show "loss of momentum."

That is, if the Histogram bar is above 0, but lower than the prior Histogram, I would like to shade it a darker Blue color ( like Navy ).....to show the loss of upside momentum.

Likewise, if the Histogram bar is below 0, but higher than the prior Histogram, I'd like to shade it a darker Red color ( like Maroon )......to show the loss of downside momentum.

I know that this is possible in other programs like Tradestation. Is it possible in eSignal?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Hi sprtrader,

Yes, this is possible, plus much more. Here is a link that will take you to a recent thread that discusses several ways to change colors and such in response to various conditionals.

Here is a link to an efs written to modify histogram colors here that uses the older but still supported EFS1 methods.

Here is another link to efs basics. Finally, there are other links below in my signature block to help you get up to speed as well.

Comment

thanks stevehare!

i'll check those out.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi sprtrader,

You are most welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X