Constant Alert until cancelled by-user Button Defeat Alert Trendline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Alert until cancelled by-user Button Defeat Alert Trendline

Would like to incorporate a constant Alert, until user-input cancels (turns off, clicks button) the alert, into trend line alert 9 18 2005.efs

Have found some earlier posts
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...tton+AND+alert
    but unsuccessful in incorporating the relevant function codes.

Can you please post the correct input (or amended "trend line alert 9 18 2005.efs") with above functionality?

In Summary:
    Need a TrendLineAlert.efs that Alerts (plays) a constant sound (or loops a sound) until user clicks button to turn it off on chart.

It has been a while since I looked at it, but I will think about how to do what you want. I have some thoughts, but the solution is not clear at this time, at least for me.

Comment

Multiple Alert Trendlines

While you are thinking...

How can we display two Alert-Trendlines, both with Alerts.

Market in Trading Range, 1. Alert-Trendline (support) and 2. Alert-Trendline (resistance);
      we want to be alerted when either is broken.

Similar to a Trading Band with Alert, if either side is broken.

Comment

While you are waiting for my thinking... load the efs, then change the location and options for the buttons. Load a second copy of the efs and I believe you have it. You just have to ensure the option buttons on the two are set differently such that you are not setting the alerts on both of them simultaniously.

This should be something that could be done readily by you without modification of the efs.

Regarding efs modification to accomplish what you requested, the original took several weeks. I have learned quite a bit since then, and likely will place much of the overhead into a library. This may take a while...

Comment

Your theory is fine, and so is having two of the same Trendline efs on one Chart.

However, when it comes to drawing the Lines, the first Alert Line draws just as it should, but plotting the dots for the second one and the first Alert Line disappears.

Options do not give you any variables to overcome this.

I'll await your overall new and fresh response and in the meantime, will just have to have two Charts, one for the upper Alert Line and one for the lower.

Comment

Yes, I was able to reproduce what you observed as well. I made some modifications such that the multiple trendlines worked, however, there are several other things that the changes affected that I had not suspected.

I will continue to work on this when I have more spare time and let you know when I have something that works better than the patched version I put together.

Comment

Working...
            X