Overlay 2 Symbols? (As bar charts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay 2 Symbols? (As bar charts)

I know that I can overlay a symbol, but it always comes up as a line chart. I want to be able to see the overlayed symbol as a bar chart or a candlestick chart.

I looked at the .efs file for the overlay and it seems it only pulls in the close data. I guess I need the open/high/low/ and close if I want to be able to do this, but I have no idea where to start.

Is this possible?

I attached an image of what I would like to see as an example. The top symbol is GE and the overlayed symbol is MSFT. Notice how MSFT is in bar format instead of just a line chart. This is from Ensign charting.
    Attached Files

...Bump...

Anybody got any clue on this one?

Thanks

Comment

Here is my take on it:

You COULD do it by getting the OHLC info on the second (overlay) symbol and bar a much of lines using the drawline commands, BUT...I think it would be a major resource hog. I also think you would have scaling issues unless you know the prices stay at similar levels. I have wanted to do similar things for different reasons, but haven't taken the plunge yet because of these issues.

There are a couple of possible "future" features that I have seen requested (or that I have requested myself) that would help you. You might put in a plug for one of these to let eSignal know that people want them:

1) Allow a chart type of OverLay that can be any other the other standard chart types, and is designed to be added on top of a standard chart. This is a direct way of getting what you want - eSignal would have to figure out scaling and labeling issues, and these aren't trivial.

2) Add the ability for efs to access their charting primitives, this would require you to do more work, but is the one I want because it offers more flexibility in the tasks you can attack. If I could send eSigal OHLC information via efs and say chart it as a line/bar/pnf/candle etc, it becomes a powerful tool for me.
      Garth

Comment

Working...
      X