Macd-dss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macd-dss

Can anybody help me to create a formula built-in study. I'm not familiar with the script language and even with the formular wizard it is not possible (for me ) to put the MACD and the DSS Bressert together to get following system
    (MACD and DSS Bressert are complete .efs files/ bressert.efs, Macd = basic studies) :

It's a simple crossover strategy by using the standard MACD (12,26,9) and the DSS Bressert (as in bressert.efs).
    The signals should be generated by changing the bar colours (blue for long and red for short) at every time as well as both, the MACD and the DSS have resp. had crossovers for the same direction.
    The title of the strategy : MADSS-Trending

Would be great, if I will receive some help.

Chris
    Last edited by Goodluck; 06-10-2003, 02:47 AM.

Chris:

Attached is a quick modification to the original TS Support version of Bressert.efs that, I think, does what you want.

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

ckryza

thanks a lot for your help !!!

It seems that this is nearly the study I am looking for.
      I am going to test it.

Chris

Comment

ckryza

Great job ! Cordial thanks again !

Now I am trying to create a backtest-study on this MACDSS with entering long and short commands. But failing every time.

Hopefully you can help me again, or if it will take some costs, please tell me how much.

I have the problem, that i do not know where to put the long/short and exit commands in that study to get a functioning backtest.

Long commands should be generated when the bars have turned blue (MACD and DSS have/had crossovers to the upside direction).

Short commands should be generated vice verca (red bars).
        If possible the trade should count at that time, the bar will change the colour (this could be on every tick on a one-bar-period).

There should be only one trade on one direction (up,down/so in case of the trade is long and the DSS has an opposite crossover, but the Macd still is on the long side and after the DSS turned again to long - there should no new trade generated) = Crossover DSS down to short is a stop

Exit commands (long and short) should be generated :

1. as a profit stop after a minimum of 11 ticks (points)
        and latest at that time, the DSS has a crossover to the opposite direction (this could be a stop, in case the profit runs not to the minimum)

2. as a stop loss generally after a maximum of 10 ticks (points)

I would be very pleased to receive a reply from you and i hope that i expressed myself with these data understandably.

Nice weekend

Chris
        Last edited by Goodluck; 06-20-2003, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X