setting alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting alerts

new to this wanted to post a question. How do you set an audio alert for a 13ma crossing over a 39 ma??? MK

Mark
    With an efs such as the one attached here.
    The simple moving averages are already preset to 13 and 39 respectively and based on the Close, but all parameters are adjustable through Edit Studies should you wish to change them.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Dear Alexis,

Is it possible to further modify this script so that little yellow arrows appear at the MA crossover points, just exactly like in the attached MACD efs study?

Many thanks,

jrbarr
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jrbarr; 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM.

Comment

jrbarr
        I think the attached does what you asked
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Dear Alex,

It sure does!

Thanks again,

jrbarr

Comment

Dear Alex,

Enclosed is the efs study, MACDColorHist2. Is it possible to modify this script so that little yellow up/down arrows appear at the respective crossover points? (I am a fan of those little yellow arrows!) No alerts are needed, and I prefer the arrows be yellow rather than red/green.

Thank you!

jrbarr
            Attached Files

Comment

jrbarr
              The attached modifed efs will plot the yellow arrows at the crossover points.
              I have also highlighted and commented the section of the formula that does this so that you can see the construct and when needed apply it to other studies.
              Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

Question on setting up alert on Moving Average

Hi Alex:

I am new to EFS study and was wondering whether there is an existing study that already covers the following:

I would like to set up alert for stocks getting above or below certain moving average (for example 5 and 50 minute MA). Is there a study that continuously follows the real-time stock price and alerts me when the stock price moves above or below, say 5 and 50 minute moving averages?

Your help is much appreciated!!

Ran

Comment

Ran
                  There are several efs(s) that will create alerts based on moving averages. You may want to run a Search using alerts AND average* as the keywords.
                  BTW in this very thread only a few messages back you can find a basicMAx2(alerts).efs which will create alerts based on the crosses of two MAs. All you would need to do is set the length of the first MA to 1 so that it becomes a proxy for price.
                  Alex

Comment

Alex: thanks for the prompt reply. I have downloaded the efs you were referring to and changed one of the period to 1 so i have the price bar crossing a moving average. Quick question: does the alert show up as a separate box (even i am in a different application other than esignal) or is it just sound? if not, i would greatly appreciate if you can modify it to have the alert show up as separate box and sound. the reason i am asking is that the computer i am working with at work does have a speaker. thanks again.

Ran

Comment

Ran
                      The attached revision of the efs also triggers the Alert List (the prior version already played a sound)
                      Alex
                      Attached Files

Comment

real time vs. on close

Hi Alex,

Would it be possible to change the moving average crossover formula in this thread so that an alert is triggered at the point the moving averages cross instead of having it alert on close? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Brad
                          See the code enclosed in this post.
                          It will signal the cross over in real time (even when this occurs multiple times intrabar).
                          Alex

Comment

Can you please direct me where I can find an EFS for alert when a price touch the 200ma for example
                            Thanks
                            Sami

Comment

Sami
                              The attached efs will trigger a sound alert whenever the high or low of a bar "touches" the MA (set by default to 200)
                              All parameters for the MA can be modified through Edit Studies
                              Alex
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X