Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADX (Welles Wilder)

Hi,
    i use Esignal and several other chart software. If i compare the ADX of the software, only esignal uses 2 parameter. Adx(length,smothing) Default 14, 14(?).
    Other chart software uses only the length parameter. Without smoothing. But all with the sme or simular results.
    If i set the esignal parameter Adx(14,0) there`s an error. adx(14,1) or the standard (14,14) has very different results to other software(e.g. Tradestation). What`s the difference?

Bugeleisen
    Actually the DMI and ADX studies in TradeStation return the same values as the eSignal ADX study (see the screenshot enclosed below). Some other programs (such as Metastock or TradeStation when using the ADX Classic study) will return slightly different plots because the values are being rounded.
    As to the two parameters eSignal simply allows you to specify a different smoothing length for the ADX. In TradeStation the same value is applied to both the DMI and the ADX. So adx(14) in TradeStation is the same as adx(14,14) in eSignal. If you instead used adx(10) in TradeStation you would need to use adx(10,10) in eSignal.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X