Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you plot a symbol as a study

Hi All,

When plotting two symbols on an Advanced Chart (multiple symbols), I have an overlap in the pricing. I can use the up/down arrows to push one plot away from the other revealing the plots in their true scales. However, this results in a plot moving above/below the top/bottom of the chart window making a plot no longer visible.

Is there a way using EFS, to plot a symbol as a study. I'm thinking if I had a formula to do this, then a symbol plotted as a study below a symbol above would have it's own separate scale... and both symbols would be visible.

I would appreciate anyone's advice on how I might resolve this plotting/scaling issue... if EFS is required, I would appreciate any direction toward writing my own formula. For example, let's say I want to plot $TRIN as a study (as a line, scale 0-5) below $INDU (which is trading around 14,000).

Thanks, btk_1
    btk_1

btk_1
    See the solutions suggested in this thread in reply to a similar request
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex. I downloaded the file you referenced and it works as I had hoped!

Researched that I could add this to the code to plot as histogram vs. a line (it works)...

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_HISTOGRAM);

Do you know the code to plot as an OHLC bar?
      btk_1

Comment

btk_1

That functionality is not available at this time. You may want to submit a suggestion by sending an email to [email protected]
        Alex

Originally posted by btk_1
        Thanks Alex. I downloaded the file you referenced and it works as I had hoped!

Researched that I could add this to the code to plot as histogram vs. a line (it works)...

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_HISTOGRAM);

Comment

Working...
        X