AO profitunity indicator bar color over writing other efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AO profitunity indicator bar color over writing other efs

I have set the price bar color to 'F' to cancel out the coloring as I have another efs that colors the price bars with different criteria. However when I do this the AO colors the price bars black(neutral) and appears to over write any other efs I have running on price bars. Does anyone know how to stop the AO efs over writing other efs?? Many thanks in advanced.

Hello ferret,

Try rearranging the order in which the formulas are applied to the chart. Apply the AO study first and apply the formula that you want to control the color of the price bars last. Try that and let us know if that helps.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

ao indicator

Jason, thanks for the reply, I have tried what you suggested and yet it still over writes any other efs I have on the price bars. I have found the macdhistogram2.efs, this does exactly the same as the AO yet it does not color the histogram red when declining and above the zero line and the same for increasing. Maybe you know how to color the macdhistogram.efs to this? Unfortunately I don't.

Comment

Hello ferret,

Based on the information that you have provided so far, the only thing I can tell you is that you have applied the AO formula last. The last formula applied to your chart that contains price bar coloring logic (i.e. setColorPriceBars(true), setDefaultPriceBarColor() and setPriceBarColor() ) will be the formula that has control over the price bar colors. Try working with just two formulas on a chart and apply the AO formula first. If you still have trouble with this, you will need to post both formulas that you are using so that I can test the exact same scenario on my end.

Regarding macdhistogram2.efs, does your version of this formula also contain the price bar coloring functions? The coloring of the histogram is not related to the price bar coloring functions. Coloring the histogram bars is controlled by setBarFgColor() and setDefaultBarFgColor(). If you are going into a new topic with this formula that is unrelated to the price bar coloring issue you are having, please start a new thread. If this formula does contain price bar coloring logic, use this formula as your second formula along with the AO formula.

Please also consider posting some chart images of what you are seeing on your end. This may provide some other helpful information.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

ao.efs over writing attached efs

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the formula that I wish to color the price bars. When I apply the AO.efs first then apply the divergencebar.efs the AO over writes. It may be the formula I created in the formula wizard is incorrect. As I have it now (divergencebar.efs) does what I want it to do when the AO is not applied. I am not concerned about the attached efs creating long or short signals when it colors, I just use it as a visul to see the possibility of the market reversing due to price action. Thanks for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

thought I should attach the AO.efs as well

Here's the AO.efs I am using.
            Attached Files

Comment

ao.efs

Thanks to Chris at divergence software I now have the without any price bar coloring, see attached for anyone interested. Thanks Chris!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X