X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD study

I am trying to specify a time frame and symbol in the following statement:
    new MACDStudy(12, 26, 9, "Close", True);

I am trying to calculate this value for other symbols within an efs routine. I want to compare values from different symbols.

Or if someone could explain how this value is calculated, I could simply re-write the code to access the other symbols.

Thanks

Re: MACD study

Hi tiara50,

Check out the customMACD.efs in the eSignal\Formulas\EFS 2 Custom folder. You can also look at the EFS knowledgebase or EFS Glossary for the correct syntax. Links to these are below.

btw, I noticed Knowledgebase article 2065 has everything you need with the built in study with regards to syntax and includes code samples. Additionally, the customMACD.efs I mentioned earlier shows how to put it all together with variables that can be modified on efs startup.

I hope this helps,

Originally posted by tiara50
    I am trying to specify a time frame and symbol in the following statement:
    new MACDStudy(12, 26, 9, "Close", True);

I am trying to calculate this value for other symbols within an efs routine. I want to compare values from different symbols.

Or if someone could explain how this value is calculated, I could simply re-write the code to access the other symbols.

Thanks

Comment

More Info on MACD

Steve,
      Thanks for the help.

I can't find article 2065, could you please post a link?

Also, have tried the custom script you mentioned and for some reason it calculates the histogram values different than the MACD study. I am trying to gain an understanding as to what goes into the calculations so I can explain the difference.

Comment

Tiara50,

You are most welcome. To get to that article, Click on the link to the EFS Glossary below. You will see a glossary listing of the available efs methods and other commands. Each one is a link to a KnowledgeBase article. In my browser, I see the associated article number when I hold the mouse over the different entries. Scroll down to the macd() link, you will see this is article 2065 when you hold the mouse over it. To go to the article, simply click the macd() link.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know. btw, you can also right click the link and copy the link location.

As you are working on an efs, you can copy the links you find particularly helpful, directly into your code. You will have to comment them out of course, but it may be helpful to you later on if you capture the information.

Comment

Working...
        X