Todays Open efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Open efs

Does anyone know how to add a line of code that would allow me to change the session open time?

Currently it takes it from 12am and I would like the ability to easiy change it for the different sessions in the Forex market.

It's for the Todays Open.efs which is in the OHLC formulas folder.

bugscoe
    Actually it does not take it from 12am even though the plot begins at that time because the synchronization is done by date and time and the daily bar (which is the interval referenced by the efs) is time stamped 00:00.
    The value of the Open returned by the efs is that of the daily bar which is based on the session times of the symbol. In the case of ES for example the Open is that at 15:30 CST regardless of the fact that the plot itself will begin at 12am on an intraday chart.
    In order to do what you want you need to write an efs that will retrieve the value of a bar's open at the time you define. You can find some examples of how to do this in this thread.
    Alex

Originally posted by bugscoe
    Does anyone know how to add a line of code that would allow me to change the session open time?

Currently it takes it from 12am and I would like the ability to easiy change it for the different sessions in the Forex market.

It's for the Todays Open.efs which is in the OHLC formulas folder.

Comment

Thanks! That efs you pointed me to worked perfect.

Comment

bugscoe
        You are most welcome.
        Alex

Originally posted by bugscoe
        Thanks! That efs you pointed me to worked perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X