Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening price signal

Hello,

Anyone knows how to print a text in esignal with the "the Opening Price Signal" on the chart. ?
    Its formula is symple: OPS=last price - opening price , and should be calculated each time the price changes.
    I haven't found nothing similar to this in the esignal built-in formulas...
    I use this "signal" in my other plataform (realtick) and its very useful for intraday trading. And I would like to use also in esignal.
    Any help will be welcome.

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Re: opening price signal

fpinero
    You can accomplish what you want with just a couple of modifications of the Todays Open.efs which is in the OHLC folder of Formulas. Open the efs with the Editor and replace the following line of code
    PHP Code:
    var vOpen getSeries(xOpen); 
    with the following
    PHP Code:
    var vOpen close(0)-xOpen.getValue(0); 
    Then in the line immediately following that add the next line of code
    PHP Code:
    drawTextRelative(2close(0), formatPriceNumber(vOpen), Color.bluenullText.LEFT|Text.VCENTER"Arial"12"text"); 
    Lastly replace the line
    PHP Code:
    return (vOpen); 
    with the following
    PHP Code:
    return; 
    Save the script with a name of your choice then load it in a chart and you should see the difference between the current price and the daily Open written to the right of the last bar.
    If you are unfamiliar with programming in efs then you may find it to your benefit to learn to do that as it will enable you to take full advantage of the resources offered by the eSignal application. The best way is to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
    Alex

Originally posted by fpinero
    Hello,

Anyone knows how to print a text in esignal with the "the Opening Price Signal" on the chart. ?
    Its formula is symple: OPS=last price - opening price , and should be calculated each time the price changes.
    I haven't found nothing similar to this in the esignal built-in formulas...
    I use this "signal" in my other plataform (realtick) and its very useful for intraday trading. And I would like to use also in esignal.
    Any help will be welcome.

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Comment

thank you

It is just what I was looking for.

Thank you very much.

Comment

fpinero
        Glad to hear that and you are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by fpinero
        It is just what I was looking for.