BressertNew.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BressertNew.efs

On 06-20-2003 Jason posted the BressertNew.efs (attached). As it is now almost five years old, I'm wondering if there are ways to improve its efficiency (i.e. to reduce CPU loading by isolating and executing one-time-only calcs from needed-every-tick calcs).

In this efs, do the following variables need to calculated / defined only once, and should they therefore be put in a loop like below:
    nBarState, vHigh, vLow, dClose, K, and K2?

if(bInit==false){
    .... one time only calcs....
    bInit=true;
    }

Should the if statements to null check pds, slw, triggerlen, and emalen (lines 27 - 34) also be included in the above loop?

If there are places to improve this efs that one of the efs experts can do for me that would be fantastic, otherwise based on answers to the above, I'll give it a try myself.

Thanks
    Shaeffer
    Attached Files

I'm wondering why this was moved to EFS New Study Suggestions from EFS Studies (i.e. efs questions)? This is not a new study, but rather a question about possibilities to improve an existing 5 year old study. Was my suggesting that one of the efs experts that knows this stuff inside out and could probably make the changes in 10 minutes the basis for considering this a new study? I'm not complaining, just wanting to understand.

Thanks
    Shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
      Since the formula is fully functional as is and you asked someone to write the modifications for you the post was moved to New Study Suggestions forum as it is in effect a request for custom development (you may want to review this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase on the custom development policy)
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

That explains why it was moved to New Studies.

I use this efs is many charts, and the eSignal program uses well above 50% of my CPU capacity. So though this efs is fully functional, is it also (now 5 years after it was written) relatively inefficient? It looks to me for example like it retreives the high and low of the last 'pds' number of bars on every tick. If you agree it is relatively very CPU intensive, then one way or another I need to fix it up.

Thanks
        Shaeffer

Comment

Working...
        X