Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Background Chart Colour

Hello,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to write an efs that will change the background chart colour when the direction of the chart changes direction.

e.g. change the background to "green" when the chart is going up and change the chart to "red" when it is going down. I would like to apply this to both a Stochastics chart and a MACD if possible.

Also the colour change can be effective for the whole chart or just for the current timeframe, either situation I believe would work for me. Therefore in the later example, as the chart progresses, it may have many stripes of red and green representing each period in that timeframe.

Lastly, it would be ideal if the color could change in realtime as opposed to the end of the period.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provide.

Sincerely,

Royce

Here is a simple MACD efs the colors background or lines per your menu choices.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a simple Stock efs. You can modify the formulas to fit your needs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Waynecd for providing the great information you did. It was very helpful. I was able to make some modifications and get both charts to do what I thought I was hoping for.

The results are correct, but I didn't anticipate so much color changes, the end result almost makes the lines on the chart unreadable.

Do you or anyone else know how to only change the color of the current period to either green for up and red for down. And once that period has ended, return all previous time periods back to white ?

Thanks again Waynecd for replying to my post.

Royce

Comment

Working...
        X