Multi-Timeframe SMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Timeframe SMA

Is it possible to... while looking at a 30 min chart, place a simple moving avarage from the 60 min time frame?

Please tell me how I can accomplish this???

Re: Multi-Timeframe SMA

VagyokC4
    You can accomplish this using the customMA.efs which is installed with eSignal in the EFS2 Custom folder of Formulas. That formula (together with all the other formulas in that same folder) is already enabled for multiple intervals and/or external symbols meaning that it can be run on a chart of a given interval (and/or symbol) and the calculations and resulting plots are based on another interval (and/or symbol)
    Alex

Originally posted by VagyokC4
    Is it possible to... while looking at a 30 min chart, place a simple moving avarage from the 60 min time frame?

Please tell me how I can accomplish this???

Comment

MTF Moving Averages

VagyokC4
      I made this for you. The efs includes three moving averages, 2 of them have selectable timeframe from the menu.

finnhan
      Attached Files

Comment

Small Bug

Sorry, need to post again, there was a small bug in the file. Here's the update
        Attached Files

Comment

Offset dosen't work "D" MA on a "5" using customMA.efs

Hi, I'm trying to overlay a prior "D" MA on todays "5" chart using the customMA.efs (included in the customs folder). I want the prior days average displayed on the current days bars and I thought the "offset" would do this so the prior days average is not effected by todays price.

In the properties window I set interval to d and offset to 1. The "D" interval works but the offset dosen't.

example: ohlc averaged for the prior 2 days displayed on todays bars like the Prev Open.efs.... etc.
          Last edited by huntergatherer; 11-23-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Re: Offset dosen't work "D" MA on a "5" using customMA.efs

huntergatherer
            To do what you want requires a couple of modifications to that formula
            The first is to replace the following line of code
            PHP Code:
            xMA offsetSeries(eval(Type)(Length, eval(Source)(sym(vSymbol))),Offset); 
            with the following
            PHP Code:
             xMA = eval(Type)(Length, eval(Source)(sym(vSymbol))); 
            Then replace the following line of code
            PHP Code:
            return getSeries(xMA); 
            with the following
            PHP Code:
            if(Offset!=0) return xMA.getValue(-(Offset));
            else return 
            getSeries(xMA); 
            Save the script with a different name and load the new script in the chart. With this modification the Offset will apply also when using external intervals
            Alex

Originally posted by huntergatherer
            Hi, I'm trying to overlay a prior "D" MA on todays "5" chart using the customMA.efs (included in the customs folder). I want the prior days average displayed on the current days bars and I thought the "offset" would do this so the prior days average is not effected by todays price.

In the properties window I set interval to d and offset to 1. The "D" interval works but the offset dosen't.

example: ohlc averaged for the prior 2 days displayed on todays bars like the Prev Open.efs.... etc.

Comment

Muchas Gracias Alex,

It's working. Scratched my head for 2 days trying to code a daily moving average on a intra chart. Then I found this thread.

Thanks again !!

Comment

huntergatherer
                You are most welcome
                Alex

Originally posted by huntergatherer
                Muchas Gracias Alex,

It's working. Scratched my head for 2 days trying to code a daily moving average on a intra chart. Then I found this thread.

Thanks again !!

Comment

Working...
                X