Tick volume indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick volume indicator

I've had a search through the various forums and libraries without success. Is anybody aware of an efs formula for tick volume? I am looking for a formula that builds volume per tick until the designated number of ticks is reached (for example 610) and then the next volume bar begins. Many thanks for any help.

Hi,

We do support a variety of tick bar types (KB 1275) and those include a tick bar (i.e. 100 ticks per bar) and volume bars (i.e. 800 contracts per bar) so would those do the trick?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ScottJ,

Many thanks for your reply. I had a look at KB 1275 and the discussion on volume bar charts. It's not exactly what I'm looking for however. What I'm looking for can best be seen if you open a 610T chart, put on the volume indicator from "basic Studies", and then change the chart to 610V. The volume indicator now changes to show every bar at 610. This is what I am looking for on the volume indicator but I would like to have the price chart itself set to 610 ticks. This way I can monitor the progression of the tick bar as it forms by referring to the volume indicator below as it builds from 0 to 610. Think of volume now as being a timer counting down to when the "tick" bar above finishes and starts the next tick bar - volume reaches 610 the tick bar in the price pane finishes and the next one starts. Hope all this makes sense.

Many thanks.
      Last edited by eurotrader1; 06-28-2008, 04:00 AM.

Comment

That sounds like something that could be done in EFS but not 100% sure. We can see if others post or you could check with one of our EFS Consultants to program it.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Hopefully somebody on the forume will have an idea. If not, I've already been working with one of the EFS Consultants to develop a custom Pivot point study. If need be I can see if they can add it to it or as a separate study. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X