Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start time of regular trading hours

Hi,
    How can I get the time of regular trading hours in an EFS on global time template?
    For example in an EFS on S&P e-mini in 24H time template I need to know when regalar trading starts in local time.

Regards,
    Baruch

Re: Start time of regular trading hours

Baruch
    EFS does not currently have access to session times so you would need to define those yourself in the code
    Having said that the e-mini S&P does not actually have a "regular trading hours" session [as many intend it] since this instrument trades in a single session from 15:30 CT (17:00 CT on Sundays and holidays) to 15:15 CT of the following day (for the complete contract specifications you may want to visit the CME's web site). eSignal does however provide synthetic symbols for this and some other instruments that replicate the "regular trading hours" of the equivalent pit traded contracts. These symbols are defined by an =2 extension (eg ES U8=2)
    Alex

Originally posted by baruchs
    Hi,
    How can I get the time of regular trading hours in an EFS on global time template?
    For example in an EFS on S&P e-mini in 24H time template I need to know when regalar trading starts in local time.

Regards,
    Baruch

Comment

Alex,
      Thanks for the reply.
      What I meant naturally is pit hours.
      My problem is that I live in Israel and I use local time in eSignal which is GMT +2. So mostly pit sessions start at 16:30 local time. But twice a year for a period of one month each we in Israel need to change our computer time to GMT+3 and then the pit session starts at 15:30. this is due to the difference in summer/winter clock in Israel and the rest of the world.
      that's why I hope that there is a solution of enquiring pit start time in an indicator on 24 hour session. I thought of something like getfirstdaybar(nTime, "ES #F=2"). This does not work, but maybe some other indirect enquiry like first bar of the day of IBM?

Regards,
      Baruch

Comment

Baruch
        What I was trying to explain in my previous reply is that there is no pit session for ES as that instrument trades in one single electronic session from 15:30 to 15:15 CT.
        With regards to the summer/winter time switch you may want to try setting the eSignal program to display the times in Exchange Time (see under File- Preferences-> Date/Time Settings) which should keep the times displayed on your charts constant.
        Alternatively you could look for a change in date using the day() function to which you pass the symbol using the sym() function eg
        var xDay = day(sym("es #f=2"))
        if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR && xDay.getValue(0)!=xDay.getValue(-1))

which evaluates to true only on the first tick of a new day of the external symbol which would then allow you to determine and store the start time of the external symbol
        Alex

Alex,
        Thanks for the reply.
        What I meant naturally is pit hours.
        My problem is that I live in Israel and I use local time in eSignal which is GMT +2. So mostly pit sessions start at 16:30 local time. But twice a year for a period of one month each we in Israel need to change our computer time to GMT+3 and then the pit session starts at 15:30. this is due to the difference in summer/winter clock in Israel and the rest of the world.
        that's why I hope that there is a solution of enquiring pit start time in an indicator on 24 hour session. I thought of something like getfirstdaybar(nTime, "ES #F=2"). This does not work, but maybe some other indirect enquiry like first bar of the day of IBM?

Regards,
        Baruch

Comment

Alex thanks,
          Thats the kind of an idea that I need, but your example will only work if eSignal will be open before the start of a pit session. I need a similar approuch which is independent of eSignal start.

Regards,
          Baruch

Comment

Baruch
            It should work also if the chart is opened after the market has started. As the efs loads in the chart it executes once on each historical bar so during that process you can determine and store the time of the first bar of the external symbol
            Alex

Alex thanks,
            Thats the kind of an idea that I need, but your example will only work if eSignal will be open before the start of a pit session. I need a similar approuch which is independent of eSignal start.

Regards,
            Baruch

Comment

Pit hours

Alex,
              Your suggestion doesn't work.
              It evaluates to true before Pit hours start.
              Can you think of enother solution?

Regards,
              Baruch

Comment

Working...
              X