Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help retrieving previous day's high from for hourly bar chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help retrieving previous day's high from for hourly bar chart?

I am using hourly bar charts and want to retrive previous day's high. Is there a function to retrive the previous day's high [the high for the entire previous day] even though my chart bars are hourly?
    I went to the Central Support Help Center, found and downloaded getPrevDaysOHLC.efs to C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\OHLC as instructed. Then I called it as instructed using callFunction("/OHLC/getPrevDaysOHLC.efs", "main", sPriceSource, nOffset, nNumDays). I do not get the results I hoped for – but I am probably doing something wrong. Is the function getPrevDaysOHLC designed to return, for instance, the highest high of the all the previous day's hourly highs as I was hoping it would do?
    Or is there another way I can/should do it?
    Thanks
    Joe Miller

Re: Need help retrieving previous day's high for an hourly bar chart?

Joe
    See the Prev High.efs which is installed in the OHLC subfolder of Formulas for an example of how to retrieve the previous daily high. For the description, syntax [and other examples] of the high() function used in that script you may want to reference the corresponding article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by jcm21
    I am using hourly bar charts and want to retrive previous day's high. Is there a function to retrive the previous day's high [the high for the entire previous day] even though my chart bars are hourly?
    I went to the Central Support Help Center, found and downloaded getPrevDaysOHLC.efs to C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\OHLC as instructed. Then I called it as instructed using callFunction("/OHLC/getPrevDaysOHLC.efs", "main", sPriceSource, nOffset, nNumDays). I do not get the results I hoped for – but I am probably doing something wrong. Is the function getPrevDaysOHLC designed to return, for instance, the highest high of the all the previous day's hourly highs as I was hoping it would do?
    Or is there another way I can/should do it?
    Thanks
    Joe Miller

Comment

Thanks Alex - will report on results later

Thanks Alex,

I will not be able to try it for several days so will not be able to report back on results until then.

Comment

Working...
      X