time alert / set interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time alert / set interval

liverep tells me that all esignal alerts are price-based with exception of the one set time alert option. is there an efs out there that allows one to set an aidio alert for a set interval, e.g., 15 minutes?

Re: time alert / set interval

FredB
    I don't know if there is already an efs that will do what you want. Anyhow the simplest solution is to use the getBarStateInterval() function in a conditional statement to detect when a 15 minute bar has just formed.
    if(getBarStateInterval("15")==BARSTATE_NEWBAR) Alert.playSound("ding.wav");
    This would work regardless of the interval in which the chart is running.
    Depending on your needs another (more complex) solution would be to use the Date Object to determine the system (ie computer) time and create a condition that checks for a specific time eg
    var systemTime = new Date();
    if(systemTime.getMinutes()%15==0) Alert.playSound("ding.wav");

Keep in mind though that in either case (or with any of the other methods available) if a trade does not occur within that period the efs will not execute and there will be no alert triggered
    Alex

Originally posted by FredB
    liverep tells me that all esignal alerts are price-based with exception of the one set time alert option. is there an efs out there that allows one to set an aidio alert for a set interval, e.g., 15 minutes?

Comment

Thanks. How do I use these "functions?" Do I copy and paste them to the EFS Wizard?

Comment

FredB
        Even though the function used in the first solution I suggested is not directly available in the Formula Wizard in this specific instance you can still use the Formula Wizard to create the script by inputing the condition manually as shown in the following screenshot

The above example will trigger a sound alert on the first tick of each 15 minute bar regardless of the interval used in the chart.
        The second solution requires instead using the EFS Editor
        Alex

Originally posted by FredB
        Thanks. How do I use these "functions?" Do I copy and paste them to the EFS Wizard?

Comment

Working...
        X