average daily range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• average daily range

A newbie question. I would like to get the 7 day moving average of daily highs-daily lows. That is the 7day average daily range. Not the atr. How would I do this?

Re: average daily range

lenz
    The first thing you would need to do is to create a function [called for example myRange] that will calculate the range ie high(0)-low(0)
    Then from the main function you would call that function using the efsInternal() function while passing to it [as the last parameter of the efsInternal() call] the irequired interval using the inv() function. This will create a custom series that can be used as a source in the sma() function (for the description and syntax of these function see the links to the corresponding articles in the EFS KnowledgeBase)
    You can find a complete example of this specific study in this thread which explains the use of the efsInternal() mentioned above
    Alex

Originally posted by lenz
    A newbie question. I would like to get the 7 day moving average of daily highs-daily lows. That is the 7day average daily range. Not the atr. How would I do this?

Comment

Working...
    X