Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Pivot Point for current day only

Hi

I am using the PivotPointAll.efs that comes with eSignal and have a question regarding modifying it to display the pivot points for the current day only (based on yesterday's data of course).

The reason I want to do this is I am running into the (extremely frustrating) CPU usage issue where the system freezes up during peak volumes (market open/close, Fed announcement, etc.). I have tried many suggestions and am using top of the line hardware and eSignal version 10.1 (latest build) to no avail.

Trying to use 12 charts with minumum processing/formulas, and am wondering if calculating pivots for all days before today may be causing some of the slow response time. Therefore, I'd like to know how to display the pivots for today only.

Also, I am using the GET VWAP formula - I'd like to display the last day as well.

Thanks,
    Alex

Re: Display Pivot Point for current day only

Alex
    See this thread for an example of how to plot a study only on the current day.
    Alex

Originally posted by shadowfax
    Hi

I am using the PivotPointAll.efs that comes with eSignal and have a question regarding modifying it to display the pivot points for the current day only (based on yesterday's data of course).

The reason I want to do this is I am running into the (extremely frustrating) CPU usage issue where the system freezes up during peak volumes (market open/close, Fed announcement, etc.). I have tried many suggestions and am using top of the line hardware and eSignal version 10.1 (latest build) to no avail.

Trying to use 12 charts with minumum processing/formulas, and am wondering if calculating pivots for all days before today may be causing some of the slow response time. Therefore, I'd like to know how to display the pivots for today only.

Also, I am using the GET VWAP formula - I'd like to display the last day as well.

Thanks,
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X