Slow Stochastic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Stochastic.

Could someone please help me find the Slow Stochastic On e-signal ? (not the standard stochastic).
    Maybe an efs has been developed for it?

Re: Slow Stochastic.

henco
    You can find a Slow Stochastic formula in this page in the EFS Library folder of the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by henco
    Could someone please help me find the Slow Stochastic On e-signal ? (not the standard stochastic).
    Maybe an efs has been developed for it?

Comment

Slow Stochastic

Thank you Alexis M. What I'm after is the smoothing of the standard stochastic oscillator.It just smooths out the volatility to improve signal accuracy. Maybe I'm a bit more clearer now. Thank You.

Comment

Re: Slow Stochastic

henco
        I am not sure what you mean with "standard stochastic oscillator". The Stochastic indicator usually has the following two components:
        %K also called Fast K or raw Stochastic if it is not smoothed [ie the second parameter is set to 1] or Slow K if it is smoothed [ie the second parameter is set to a value other than 1]. Then there is the %D also called Fast D [defined by the third parameter] which is a smoothed Slow K
        The Slow D which is what the efs I indicated will calculate is a further smoothing of the %D
        If you just want a smoothed raw Stochastic then you can use the built-in Stochastic study and set the second parameter to a value other than 1 and then the third parameter to 1 if you do not want the %D or a value greater than 1 if you want the %D
        Alex

Originally posted by henco
        Thank you Alexis M. What I'm after is the smoothing of the standard stochastic oscillator.It just smooths out the volatility to improve signal accuracy. Maybe I'm a bit more clearer now. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
        X