Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directional Movement Indctr

Jason or another member of the team,

I am hoping you can give me the exact breakdown of the pdi() function (ndi should be obvious after that) for the purpose of replicating it for a work-related project. If for instance I could see that code, I would be most grateful. (I am familiar with the formula and have replicated Wilder's results from his book in an Excel sheet. However, I do not know how the E-Signal chart initializes the values.)

After consulting Wilder's book - and after being able to replicate E-Signal's pdi(1,1,0) in an excel sheet using your OHLC data - I cannot replicate pdi for larger param settings like pdi(10,1,0).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tim

Re: Directional Movement Indctr

Tim
    You can find the complete ADX calculations for Excel in this article by Dennis Pearson published in TAS&C
    Alex

Originally posted by yht7omit
    Jason or another member of the team,

I am hoping you can give me the exact breakdown of the pdi() function (ndi should be obvious after that) for the purpose of replicating it for a work-related project. If for instance I could see that code, I would be most grateful. (I am familiar with the formula and have replicated Wilder's results from his book in an Excel sheet. However, I do not know how the E-Signal chart initializes the values.)

After consulting Wilder's book - and after being able to replicate E-Signal's pdi(1,1,0) in an excel sheet using your OHLC data - I cannot replicate pdi for larger param settings like pdi(10,1,0).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tim

Comment

Working...
    X