Mesa into Stoch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa into Stoch

I am looking for information on how to or and efs to take the dominant cycle from mesa and put it into the attached .efs. I emailed Mesa and they sent me back here.

See below

Don:
    I don't have a version that links MESA with the Stochastic. Perhaps you can contact eSignal and have them write this code for you. Tell them to use half the measured dominant cycle in the calculation of the Stochastic (or RSI). I have a book coming out in about 6 months that will have a lot of EFS code in it. You will probably be interested in it.
    John

Can anyone help....this also would be great for people like myself that purchase the Mesa formulas.

Attached Files

Hi,

Here is a formula I wrote a bit ago when I was playing with using MESA Dom Cycle as input to vaqrios studies. It does use 1/2 Dom Cycle for the long and 1/4 Dom Cycle for the short...not sure if the second part is correct I was just guessing (Obviously I guessed correctly for the 1/2 Dom).

The results aren't amazing, though usually a bit better than normal stoch (at least when I tested it against my 6-7 symbols on daily and 60 minute).

There is a slow paramter as well...

There is logic work that could be done to improve results, but this is a starting point.

Garth
    Attached Files
    Garth

Comment

Here is a formula

Had my son do this over the weekend. I like this because you can input the fraction of the Dom Cycle for the Stoch.

Of course for educational purposes only so you assume your own risk.
      Attached Files

Comment

Crash

This efs is Crashing 7.4......if it works in an eirlier version I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a corrected version that looks like it works thanks to Esignal.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X