Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start/End Times

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to read the start and end times for a chart from inside a script. I would like ot be able to read the start and end times specified on a template being used for a chart from within an efs study. Thank you very much in advance.
    Regards,
    Jane

Re: Start/End Times

Jane
    To my knowledge efs does not currently have access to the Time Template settings. You may want to submit a suggestion by selecting Support-> Make A Suggestion in the main menu of eSignal
    Alex

Originally posted by jg
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to read the start and end times for a chart from inside a script. I would like ot be able to read the start and end times specified on a template being used for a chart from within an efs study. Thank you very much in advance.
    Regards,
    Jane

Comment

edited...

Jane:

A couple of caveats...

The time would need to start after midnight for the efs to notice a day change properly.

Also, the last bar of the day has a time when the bar started, you need to add the interval, hopefully a time and not a V or T interval, to get the end time.

Hope this helped.

Hi Jane and Alex, Happy New Year!

One way to find the time template would be to wait till the current bar date is not equal to the previous (i.e a new day) , the bar time of this bar is the time templates start, the previous bar time is the time templates end.

This will work for active symbols. If the symbol doesnt trade til 933 you might get a funky answer. But then you would just have to check a few more bars in the past and take the lowest start and the highest finish for a more correct start and end time.

edit
      Last edited by dloomis; 01-02-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hi Alex and Dave,

Alex, thank you very much for your answer. It will save me a lot of time. I will make the suggestion as I think it may come in handy to be able to read the time template info directly.

Dave, thank you very much for your suggestion for a workaround. I will give it a try.

All the best for 2009!
        Regards,
        Jane

Comment

Hi Alex,
          I have tried to find the link you indicated below for making suggestions but was not able to find it. When you have time, please let me know how I can find it. Thanks very much and my apologies.
          Regards,
          Jane

Comment

Jane
            See enclosed image
            Alex

Originally posted by jg
            Hi Alex,
            I have tried to find the link you indicated below for making suggestions but was not able to find it. When you have time, please let me know how I can find it. Thanks very much and my apologies.
            Regards,
            Jane

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much. I had somehow misinterpreted your reply to mean that I should use the support tab in the eSignal website rather than in the application. Thanks for showing me how to do this. It is much appreciated.
              Regards,
              Jane

Comment

Working...
              X