CCI efs study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCI efs study

Does anyone know how to build a study or if another way convert the CCI to a stock chart, candlestick where i can apply other studies to it like any other stock symbol. thanks in advance.

Re: CCI efs study

booker777
    If you are asking how to calculate a CCI based on a symbol different from the one being plotted on the chart then you can do that using the customCCI.efs which is installed with eSignal in the EFS2 Custom folder of Formulas and that is already enabled to use external symbols and/or intervals
    Alex

Originally posted by booker777
    Does anyone know how to build a study or if another way convert the CCI to a stock chart, candlestick where i can apply other studies to it like any other stock symbol. thanks in advance.

Comment

CCI study

actually what iam asking is there a way to convert the CCI indicator into a candlestick format ideally in a way that i can overlay other indicators that i have on the CCI itself. I can only overlay my studies on stock charts obviously so i was wondering is there a way i can create my own CCI stock chart with its own symbol based on its underlying security so that i then can apply studies like i can on regular charts. If not, is there a way just to convert a CCI indicator to candlestick format below the chart.

Comment

Re: CCI study

booker777
        You cannot overlay a study on the CCI [or any other] study and have it automatically use the CCI [or any other] study as the underlying data series for its calculations (for example overlaying a moving average study on the CCI study so as to calculate the moving average of the CCI)
        You need to code that in a script that will calculate the CCI [or that calls a formula that calculates it] and then computes the study you want using the CCI study as the underlying data series
        You can find some examples of how to do this in this thread. Also try searching the forum and you will find find several other examples and formulas of studies on studies
        Alex

actually what iam asking is there a way to convert the CCI indicator into a candlestick format ideally in a way that i can overlay other indicators that i have on the CCI itself. I can only overlay my studies on stock charts obviously so i was wondering is there a way i can create my own CCI stock chart with its own symbol based on its underlying security so that i then can apply studies like i can on regular charts. If not, is there a way just to convert a CCI indicator to candlestick format below the chart.

Comment

CCI study

Ok cool thanks. Last question. Is there a way to convert the CCI or to candlestick format versus line format beneath the chart.

Comment

Re: CCI study

booker777
            You can plot it as a histogram. To do that you would need to add a setPlotType() statement in your script (see the link to the related article in the EFS KnowledgeBase for the required syntax)
            Alex

Ok cool thanks. Last question. Is there a way to convert the CCI or to candlestick format versus line format beneath the chart.

Comment

Working...
            X