Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

customizing grid values - possible using efs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customizing grid values - possible using efs?

Hi, I'm new to efs and am looking for a solution to constrain the horizontal grid lines to only 100 and 1000 point values (ie, avoiding the gridlines changing when automaticaly resizing charts).

I'm not sure if there are any functions with efs that would allow me to do this? Obviously I would have to use conditions to cater for the different price decimalization of different markets (mainly want to use this for forex). Any help or guidance appreciated.

I did ask UK support but they seemed to think there was no solution.

Thanks.

Re: customizing grid values - possible using efs?

dk
    To my knowledge EFS has no control over the placement of the gridlines
    What you could do is write a formula that draws horizontal lines at specific price levels. You can find an example of this in the LinesLabels.efs which is posted here and that you could use as a starting point to create your own script based on your requirements
    Alex

Originally posted by dk
    Hi, I'm new to efs and am looking for a solution to constrain the horizontal grid lines to only 100 and 1000 point values (ie, avoiding the gridlines changing when automaticaly resizing charts).

I'm not sure if there are any functions with efs that would allow me to do this? Obviously I would have to use conditions to cater for the different price decimalization of different markets (mainly want to use this for forex). Any help or guidance appreciated.

I did ask UK support but they seemed to think there was no solution.

Thanks.

Comment

Alexis, thanks for reply - that's a great solution for me.

I have a related qestion which I'll ask here rather than post a new thread -what command would I use in efs to filter certain timeframes from a formula/study? I know how for example to filter pivots so that they draw on the correct weekly/daily timeframes, but I'm not sure what the command is for getting a study to draw on only 60 minute charts or greater, for example.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

dk
        You are most welcome
        With regards to your question the line of code necessary to do that would be
        if(getInterval()<60) return;
        Alex

Originally posted by dk
        Alexis, thanks for reply - that's a great solution for me.

I have a related qestion which I'll ask here rather than post a new thread -what command would I use in efs to filter certain timeframes from a formula/study? I know how for example to filter pivots so that they draw on the correct weekly/daily timeframes, but I'm not sure what the command is for getting a study to draw on only 60 minute charts or greater, for example.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Alexis, thanks again.

I have found that the Line Study seems to have a bug, whereby if another chart uses the formula from another chart, then it displays the number box(es) but not the line(s). This is really unfortunate because if say I have 3 charts that I want to draw numbers on, I have to manually create a Line Study for each one. The sharing feature just doesn't work properly.

Would be interested to know if it's something other users find also.

Comment

dk
            Based on your description it seems to me that in the copy of the efs that is running in the "master" chart you are not entering the labels - or unique labels - for each line that is being drawn with the result that only the last one is being drawn by the efs running in the "dependant" charts.
            These labels are required as far as I understand it but can be hidden using the Display Labels parameter
            If you would rather have the script assign a unique label automatically [which you can override if you wish] then the simplest way to do that is to replace the following line of code (line 81)
            PHP Code:
            afp2[i].setDefault(" "); 
            with the following
            PHP Code:
            afp2[i].setDefault(i+""); 
            Once you make this change the script should work without having to enter any labels
            Alex

Originally posted by dk
            Alexis, thanks again.

I have found that the Line Study seems to have a bug, whereby if another chart uses the formula from another chart, then it displays the number box(es) but not the line(s). This is really unfortunate because if say I have 3 charts that I want to draw numbers on, I have to manually create a Line Study for each one. The sharing feature just doesn't work properly.

Would be interested to know if it's something other users find also.

Comment

Working...
            X