Possible to create a drawing tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to create a drawing tool?

Sorry if this has been answered a zillion times, but I don't find anything applicable...

I'd like to create a drawing tool, somewhat similar to the built-in "Fib Time" tool. In this case, it would be a simple ruler that counts off bars in fib intervals (3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34... bars), that I the user could overlay at a point of their choosing. Is this possible? If so, can someone point be to any appropriate info?

Thanks

of course it's possible in EFS. I don't believe there is anything (a file) that is similar to your request, but Alex or others may know of something that may be close to what you want.

You will need to use the following efs features to accomplish it :

- EFS Mouse Functions
    - EFS Buttons (and there is a recent thread about buttons in the EFS forum)
    - Bar Counter (which is rather simple and very common in most EFS scripts).
    - EFS Graphics/text drawing features

That's about it...

What I can tell you is developing interactive EFS scripts is not that hard to do. The first thing you need to do is develop the button logic to allow your script to MARK/POINT TO a bar on the chart. This will allow you to select the bar where you want your "count" to start.

Then, you need to develop the graphics/text functions to draw what you want on the chart.

If you make it more advanced, you could have multiple counts going at the same time.

Hope this helps and gives you something to start searching for in the forums.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks Brad. I was figuring on putting a button up on the screen, and tracking a click after the button press, preferably while the ruler is drawn and tracking the mouse cursor until the click pins it. Also, have the ability to put up several rulers at a time. If need be, for performance, I can skip the live tracking part, and I know that will simplify things. I'll look into mouse functions.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X