Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draw lines for times and prices

hi

i want to review my trades on my charts, so i would like an efs to draw lines (segments) between price a and b for time a and b. i will put the price and time in the formula, it will just be a lot easier than hand drawing the lines on each chart by hand...

any seen an efs i can use for this?

The way I would handle this is to create a comma delimited file of your trades/times/direction. This way, everything would be in one location for the EFS to access.

Then, load the file, parse it and draw what is needed.

Is this kinda what you had in mind or do you intend to manually enter the trade data one at a time?
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

putting everything in a single file and then loading it would be perfect, but i have no idea where to go from there on the efs side

Comment

well, this is too much work for me to do it for you.

How are you getting your trade data now?

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad,

thanks for your comments anyway, i wasn't expecting anyone to do the work for me, i just wondered if anyone knew of or had an existing efs which they would let me use.

currently i get my trade data from ninja trader, but i wanted to plot it on the esignal charts i use to supplement ninja.
          Last edited by missionyam; 04-03-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Brad,

i have got this far, is it easy to get the time into the x co-ordinate?

My code below gives me a line from price 830-835 (which is what I want) but it paints at the current bar when i want it to paint from 13:10 to 16:10

function preMain() {
            setPriceStudy(true);
            setStudyTitle("drawtrade1");

}

function main () {
            addLineTool(LineTool.SEGMENT, (hour(1300)+minute(10)), 830, (hour(1600)+minute(10)), 835, 10, Color.brown, "l1");

return;

Comment

Working...
            X