how to add all volume together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add all volume together?

I have little experience in EFS, I am wondering if i want to add all volume together, for example, I want to add all volume of MSFT together since the first day it got listed on Nasdaq, what should I do using EFS?

Re: how to add all volume together?

proptrader
    With a few modifications the CumVolume formula [which calculates the cumulative intraday volume] provided in this thread can be adapted to do what you want.
    To modify it first comment out lines 18, 19 and 20 (to comment out a line insert a double forward slash at the beginning of the line)
    Then modify line 21 to vLastVol = TotVol; and line 25 to TotVol = vVol + vLastVol;
    Save the formula with a new name and it should return the cumulative Volume of all the data loaded in the chart.
    Once you have verified this is the case you can delete the lines you have commented out.
    If - as you indicate - you are unfamiliar with programming in EFS then you may find it to your benefit to learn to do that as it will enable you to take full advantage of the resources offered by a programmable application such as eSignal. The best way is to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
    Alex

Originally posted by proptrader
    I have little experience in EFS, I am wondering if i want to add all volume together, for example, I want to add all volume of MSFT together since the first day it got listed on Nasdaq, what should I do using EFS?

Comment

Thx a lot.

I am going to give it a try.

Comment

proptrader
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by proptrader
        Thx a lot.

I am going to give it a try.

Comment

Working...