MACD Histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD Histogram

I am looking for a MACD that has a histogram and changes colors based on being above or below the signal line, regardless of being above or below the zero line.
    Attached Files

Wow I hope everyone can see my pic, its a little small

Comment

This EFS doesn't appear 100% equivalent but it might be a good starting point to modify an existing study. You may also want to just use a search term like MACD and then browse the results w/in the EFS Help Center. Most have screen shots to illustrate what the study looks like.

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=4420&p=4

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Scott that is the closest thing to what I'm looking for. The only thing it needs is a signal line. If someone knows how, I think attaching a 1 period sma and 9 period sma will give us the desired result.(For a 12,26,9 MACD)

The 1 sma will just hug the histogram(like the yellow line in my example)
        And the the 9 sma will lag a little behind and give us our crosses for direction changes.(White line)

I have searched not only Esignal forums but many other forums looking for my MACD Scott. The RAVI.efs you have provided is a BIG step in the right direction thanks.

Comment

more more more

After playing with the code a little I realized the other difference is the color changes should be based on the crossovers not on the peaks and valleys of the histogram.

I've said histogram so much I now feel like some golden grams.

cheers

Comment

another one

another one
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X