Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy line request!

Hi all

I'm new to EFS and I have a mountain to climb with it. I need help with an ultra simple thing:

I just need a line plotted under the chart which adds up the closing price of the chart in an ongoing way - that's it! But I can't get it to work - I can't get the plot command right in EFS. Could someone please be really generous to a newbie and make the code for me?

All it will show is the line gradually getting bigger with each new candle, as it's adding the closing price to the last, on and on and on.

Eg:
    Price Line
    1350 1350
    1380 2730
    1200 3930
    1400 5390 - (just an going calculation of price)
    ...etc....

Many many many thanks to whoever can help!!!

Re: Easy line request!

gogogadget50
    With one simple modification the example I provided in this post can be changed to do what you are trying to accomplish
    Just copy the code shown in that example and replace the line
    var vVol = ((volume(0) + volume(-1))/((hhv(2,high())-llv(2,low())) * 100));
    with
    var vVol = close(0);
    and you will have a cumulative total of the closing values
    If you are new to programming in EFS and are interested in learning then the best way is to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
    Alex

Originally posted by gogogadget50
    Hi all

I'm new to EFS and I have a mountain to climb with it. I need help with an ultra simple thing:

I just need a line plotted under the chart which adds up the closing price of the chart in an ongoing way - that's it! But I can't get it to work - I can't get the plot command right in EFS. Could someone please be really generous to a newbie and make the code for me?

All it will show is the line gradually getting bigger with each new candle, as it's adding the closing price to the last, on and on and on.

Eg:
    Price Line
    1350 1350
    1380 2730
    1200 3930
    1400 5390 - (just an going calculation of price)
    ...etc....

Many many many thanks to whoever can help!!!

Comment

Hi Thanks so much

but when i copy and pasted this code into a new EFS code (just as it is) when I plot the indicator it says a warning:

Synax error, do you want to plot anyway

and if i say yes or no it plots nothing below the chart (the indicator space appears but not plot)

Any ideas?

Thanks so so much

Comment

ok got it plotted by changing the vVol to vVOL (caps letters)...

but....

it doesn't work! It plots a perfect upline , its not adding the current close value to the last value.

any ideas?

i need it to add the close price up with each new bar:

price plot
        200 200
        250 450
        233 683
        315 998

etc....

many thanks

Comment

sorry - settings were all wrong, my fault, it works fine

many thanks for your time