Continuous Bar Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Bar Timer

I've found some EFS code on here which allows me to have a bar timer. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be continuous and is dependant upon movement in the chart. Is there anyway around this to guarantee a countdown even if new data is not being transmitted?

yes, a continual loop. But I don't suggest you try it.

The issue with a continual loop is you could get into a position where you dramatically slow down esignal.

A continual loop may create a problem where your computer maxes CPU load while waiting (looping).

What is is you are waiting for? What are you trying to accomplish?

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Doji3333
      yes, a continual loop. But I don't suggest you try it.

The issue with a continual loop is you could get into a position where you dramatically slow down esignal.

A continual loop may create a problem where your computer maxes CPU load while waiting (looping).

What is is you are waiting for? What are you trying to accomplish?

B
      Just looking for a continuous timer that will tell me when the bar is closed. I used the non continuous timer today on the E-Mini and it wasn't that bad since it is highly liquid, but on instruments that are not as liquid I could possibly see this being more of a problem.

All I would like is a bar timer that is continuous so that I know that if I am going to be entering I am not entering my position until I know for sure that the previous bar has closed. Also, I like to know when the bar is about to close so that I can be ready to enter my order in case the market makes a fast move.

Is running a background timer thread an option that updates every second?

Comment

Working...
      X