Study to draw sliding vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study to draw sliding vertical lines

The cumulative volume study found in the EFS library is very useful as it helps one decide if today is a high/low volume day compared to last few days. I was trying it out it with a time template that gets the data for the US cash hours (1430-2100 UK time, 930-1600 ET) for the last five days.

What I'd like is to create another EFS and overlay it to this study, to draw vertical time lines on the indicator pane. So for example the time is now 1600 UK time. I'd like to draw a vertical line across 1600 on each of the previous days, so I know exactly where we are today, volume-wise, in comparison with previous days. As the time moves on to the next bar, the lines should all be redrawn.

Any ideas how this can be done? I am not looking to modify the cumulative volume study, I only need a new time line study and overlay it.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bf2; 10-12-2009, 11:24 PM.

Here it what it should look like:
    Attached Files

Comment

it would be easier to simply add the vertical line to the volume study.

Try adding this code to the end of the volume study just before the "return" statement.

PHP Code:

if ((getHour() == 16) && (getMinute() == 0)) {

drawLineRelative(0009999999999PS_SOLID2Color.redgetDay());

Last edited by Doji3333; 10-13-2009, 07:46 AM.
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks, but that 1600 was just an example. I need the lines to be drawn on all price bars, and at the same time bar on each prior day.

Comment

Working...
        X