Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Bar Range Cycle

hello,

I would like to get this into an efs script. Unfortunately I have no programming skills at all.......

Ciao Alexis!
    Ci potresti provare? Qui ci vuole un fuori classe come te.....

saluti

Can you explain in more detail what you require?
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I have problems posting properly. Whenever I submit, my browswer tells me that the connection has been lost.
      Could you contact me at [email protected]

Thank you

Comment

Hi,
        hoping that this one is going through....

I'll try to explain. It's a bit like the standard Highest High and Lowest Low study. The HH.efs constantly prints the highest high of a choosen period, let's say 3, with new bars coming in it will always print the highest high of the current3 bar period.
        I want the HH of 3 bars printed only when bars are making lower lows, vice versa print 3 Bar LL when bars are making higher highs. In other words, keeping track of the current 3 Bar Range. When bars start forming without making new Highs/Lows, but staying within the last 3 Bar Range, there should be no change until a bar breaks either High or Low of that range.
        In a downtrend I want the 3 Bar highest High to be printed, in an uptrend the lowest Low.
        Now let's say we are in a downtrend. Should one bar break the established 3 Bar Range High and get a confirmation by another bar making a higher high, we shift from downtrend to uptrend and the 3 Bar Range Low starts printing.
        There are a few possibilities of visualiszing...either step lines switching from long to short(Lows to highs) or colour bars....
        I hope I was able to explain well enough. I did prepare a picture of a chart with manually added lines to show....can't get it in here...

I would very much appreciate your help

Comment

picture test
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally worked!
            Let me go through that picture starting from upper left. The "lime" line shows the long cycle low...in the yellow "box" we got 4 bars trading within the range established by the last bar that made a higher high and the lowest 3 Bar Low before.
            At A we see a bar breaking the low, at B confirmation and red short cycle starts printing. Now everytime there is a new low, that red line adjusts to the highest 3 Bar high.
            Just before C you can see a number of bars staying in the range, until the last low.
            At C we break the 3 Bar Range High....D confirms....switching to "long" cycle.
            As you follow the marks in the picture you can see how things develop. Just off the second top in the chart we can see a situation where the 3 Bar Range High gets tested but not confirmed by a higher high....remains in short cycle.

Sometimes things are very clear only to the person who is explaining, so don't hasitate to ask further questions.

Am I right to think, that this might be a bit complicated to write into an efs?

Comment

This can easily be accomplished in EFS. The first thing I would suggest is to create a basic indicator. This way you can see it better on the chart for you to work with.

This is a VERY SIMPLE template of the beginning of your concept. Play with it and let me know what you think?
              Attached Files
              Brad Matheny
              eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
              X