Time Histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Histogram

I am using tick charts and need to put a Time Histogram as an indicator window at the bottom of the Chart.
    Does anyone know how to do this??
    Thanks...Daniel Sternthal

Re: Time Histogram

Daniel
    A very basic and simple way to do what you want is to calculate the difference between the timestamps of the bars using rawtime() [which returns the number of seconds elapsed from January 1st 1970] and plot the result as a histogram as shown in the enclosed code example (which includes some comments)
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_HISTOGRAM);//set the plot to histogram
    }
    var 
    xRawtime null;//declare global variable
    function main(){
        if(
    xRawtime==nullxRawtime rawtime();//initialize global variable 

if(xRawtime.getValue(-1)==null) return;//null check on timestamp value of the prior bar

if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR)//on the first tick of each new bar

setBar(Bar.Value,-1,0,xRawtime.getValue(0)-xRawtime.getValue(-1));//calculate the difference between 
                                                        //timestamp values and assign it to the previous bar

Originally posted by daniel1026
    I am using tick charts and need to put a Time Histogram as an indicator window at the bottom of the Chart.
    Does anyone know how to do this??
    Thanks...Daniel Sternthal

Comment

Time Histogram

Thanks much Alexis;
      Exactly what I was looking for.
      Is there a way to color code the Time Histogram Bars to equal the Price candles; i.e. Green Bar for an up-move in Price, Red Bar for a down-move in Price??
      Daniel
      Last edited by daniel1026; 01-23-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Daniel
        To accomplish what you want you need to replace the following section in the code example I provided earlier

With the following

Once you implement these changes the histogram bars will be colored depending if the candle closes up, down or unchanged
        Alex

Originally posted by daniel1026
        Thanks much Alexis;
        Exactly what I was looking for.
        Is there a way to color code the Time Histogram Bars to equal the Price candles; i.e. Green Bar for an up-move in Price, Red Bar for a down-move in Price??
        Daniel

Comment

Time Bar with Moving Average

Is there a way to add a moving average to this formula of time bar? I tried but my knowlege is still limited.

Thank you for the great job.

Comment

Working...
          X