Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StochRSI Formula from QCharts

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I recently changed from QCharts to ESignal because I needed ESignal for a proprietary oscillator I am using. In transferring, I tried to duplicate the studies that I was using in QCharts.

My problem is that the StochRSI study in QCharts is a fully adjustable study using two oscillators with the ability to adjust the length and smoothing of both the %D and %K functions.

The only one I see available via the file sharing page "StochofRSI" does not allow for setting the smoothing of %D giving on a true/false button rather than a dynamic ability.

The QCharts GUI allows for customizing the display of the oscillators including the color and width of each while the ESignal formula does not. I can't get it to do what I need.

I would like to get the QCharts formula and possibly gui selections. I am not savvy enough to figure how to do this on my own. Hopefully one of you can help.

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: StochRSI Formula from QCharts

sailor
    See the StochRSI.efs in this group in FileShare
    Alex

Originally posted by sailor
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I recently changed from QCharts to ESignal because I needed ESignal for a proprietary oscillator I am using. In transferring, I tried to duplicate the studies that I was using in QCharts.

My problem is that the StochRSI study in QCharts is a fully adjustable study using two oscillators with the ability to adjust the length and smoothing of both the %D and %K functions.

The only one I see available via the file sharing page "StochofRSI" does not allow for setting the smoothing of %D giving on a true/false button rather than a dynamic ability.

The QCharts GUI allows for customizing the display of the oscillators including the color and width of each while the ESignal formula does not. I can't get it to do what I need.

I would like to get the QCharts formula and possibly gui selections. I am not savvy enough to figure how to do this on my own. Hopefully one of you can help.

Thanks.

Thanks

Comment

Not the Same

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. That study is a single oscillator. The QCharts is a two oscillator study like the StochofRSI in the file share database. However, the QCharts allows for more customization of the %K %D oscillators like smotthing lengths, colors, thicknesses...etc.

Comment

Re: Not the Same

sailor
        As far as I can tell the study I indicated will display the same as the one in QCharts [if using the same settings] and allows for all the settings [including colors of the plots] to be modified through Edit Studies. In the enclosed screenshots you can see a comparison between the StochRSI in QCharts and as plotted by the efs
        Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. That study is a single oscillator. The QCharts is a two oscillator study like the StochofRSI in the file share database. However, the QCharts allows for more customization of the %K %D oscillators like smotthing lengths, colors, thicknesses...etc.

Comment

Stoch RSI and QCharts

Alexis,

Thanks for your time. Sorry it took so long to reply. I can't seem to alter the study to fit my QCharts settings. There is a missing parameter...the smoothing of %D.

I no longer have QCharts running so I can't see the edit GUI but, my settings were the following:

RSI Length 13

%K Length 21, Smoothing Three, Red, Thickness 2

%D Smoothing 5, Color Green, Thickness 2

Since you have QCharts, can you tell me how to get the ESignal version set correctly?

Comment

sailor
            The %D parameter in the efs is the same setting as QCharts' %D Smoothing
            Alex

Alexis,

Thanks for your time. Sorry it took so long to reply. I can't seem to alter the study to fit my QCharts settings. There is a missing parameter...the smoothing of %D.

I no longer have QCharts running so I can't see the edit GUI but, my settings were the following:

RSI Length 13

%K Length 21, Smoothing Three, Red, Thickness 2

%D Smoothing 5, Color Green, Thickness 2

Since you have QCharts, can you tell me how to get the ESignal version set correctly?

Comment

Working...
            X