show arrow with MACD codeonly below zero line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• show arrow with MACD codeonly below zero line

On the esignal MACD code that draws an arrow when the lines cross, is it possible to change the code so the arrow only shows up when the line cross below or above the zero line
    Attached Files

Try this.
    Attached Files
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

That lost code was now working correctly. It was logically incorrect.

Try this one. It reports MACD crosses that are above or below the zero line. Not WHEN it crosses zero, but when it crosses up or down while above or below zero.

There are lots of ways to do this.
      Attached Files
      Brad Matheny

Comment

Thanks working perfect, can it draw a line

Thanks it works great

Is it possible to draw straight horizonal line from the pervious arrow to end of chart. 2nd arrow back is drawing line
        Last edited by steven; 01-28-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Arrows to small to see, draw line instead?

when you have 20 charts up it is hard to see the arrows when the lines cross. They are 2 small. Can you change the code so with the arrow and a line is draw from the crossing to the top of the chart. Than k you
          Attached Files

Comment

ya know, that last code does a pretty good job of finding "scalping entries". It's not perfect, meaning it fails sometimes. But in general, it does a pretty decent job of finding short term scalping entries.

I can make it draw lines and other things. But I can't control the size of the arrows without using custom images on the chart.

If you want further help with this, I suggest you hire a programmer to do it.

We all try to help out here, but there are pros that can make your efs do whatever you want (for a fee).
            Brad Matheny

Comment

sjsr,

As Doji3333 has alluded to, changing Shape sizes isn't easy with eSignal. Simple options are either to switch to default Images which are larger (but have their own problems/limitations), or do a "hack" with Text, like in the modified version of the script I've attached. It's probably pretty close to what you want. I used "^" for up arrow and "v" for down arrow and tweaked the font sizes so it looks decent.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for help can you help me add

Could you please help me add sound alert, so I do not have to stare at charts for arrows to pop up on chart.
                Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

The Alert functions documentation is at Click Here. Alert.playSound() for sound, Alert.addToList() for a text alert. Just add it/them to the script at the same location where drawShape/Text...Whatever is called and play with the code until you get what you want... (Available sounds are usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\eSignal\Sounds or C:\Program Files\eSignal\Sounds)

Comment

Backtesting MACD Cross Re Zero Line

I'm new here. Very interested in developing a backtesting formula for buying and selling when macd crosses over in relation to the zero line (meaning, the only time when a long should occur, is when macd is making the crossover while it is above the zero line.) Also, going short when macd is making the crossover while below the zero line. Any help would be appreciated. I have the efs formula for macdx.overzero but am just learning this and need to have the buy and sell commands put it in. thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
                    X