Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up Wayne,

You sir....are a Genius!!!

This EFS works exactly like its supposed to.
    The Alert Signal went off on every true condition.

I adjusted the arrows and text alerts to suit my own trading strategy, as well as changed the stochastics to 5,3,3...although many people do indeed use 14,3,3.
    (For anyone interested...the only changes you need to make to the code are between lines 220-235)

Great job on setting up the menu...anyone can customize it the way they see fit.

I sure hope you don't mind if I request your assistance on future adjustments to this code??

Again....thanks for your help!!

Comment

Hi Spider,

Glad it did what you wanted.

I sure hope you don't mind if I request your assistance on future adjustments to this code??
      np, post it, if not me, usually there are very helpful folks out there.

Wayne
      Last edited by waynecd; 03-19-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

adding an RSI version

Hi Wayne - awesome work and great posts by you...i have been all over this site in the last few days...this efs is a great tool..

I was wondering if it would be easy to couple the bb piercing idea with an rsi indicator alert; where by the rsi replaces the stoch indicator in this efs

...if so how should it be written? very interested in hearing more and thanks in advance for spreading your knowledge...

PCARMA

Comment

Hi PCARMA,

If you post the specific triggers and parameters for the RSI I'll see what I can do.

wayne

Comment

Wayne -

the indicators i was thinking of was rsi overbought at 80 and oversold 20...

also - on the current EFS i cant seem to get the sound alert to function properly..any tips?

PC

Comment

PCARMA,

The efs you asked for is attached. I tested the alert trigger sounds in both the Stoch and RSI versions and they work fine on my end. Make sure that the sound files are located in your "c:\program files\esignal\sounds" subdirectory. Also you must select which sound file you want to play when an alert is triggered against the upper BB & RSI and another sound for the lower BB and RSI. If the menu option is left on "NONE" for either or both then you will not get the sound alert.

wayne

ps. If you want to learn programing efs studies check out the efs tutorials and knowledgebase. You can find these by searching for them in esignal and the knowledgebase.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by waynecd; 04-23-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

One more question....I promise

Wayne - very nice work...thanks...how long have you been doing this stuff? Very cool work...

I do have one more question, in this EFS and the previous EFS, what would the code be to have a trigger alert list window pop up and what line should it be in?

I looked all over this forum and nothing i have found seems to work. I am not sure of the wording and where it needs to be.

I tried tinkering with the previous code but can't seem to get it to work...i am really not well versed in programing but this seems like an easy thing to do..if you know how.. which i don't...

Thanks again,

Pcarma
                "programmer in training"

Comment

Wayne - line 222 has:

if(vTAlt) Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), vTxtLBB, Color.RGB(0,0,0), Color.RGB(195,0,0));

and line 232:

if(vTAlt) Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), vTxtUBB, Color.RGB(0,0,0), Color.RGB(195,0,0));

But nothing pops up... any sugggestions?

PCARMA

Comment

add to list

wayne - i got it to run....figured out that i needed to set the default to true for the sound....just like anything i guess it was better for me to figure it out on my own.

thanks fr being a sounding board and info provider...
                    PC

Comment

PCARMA,

Glad you figured it out.

wayne
                      Last edited by waynecd; 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

need some help getting my own version to work properly

Wayne

First off, let me thank you so much for your great improvements to the BB piercing efs. I was hoping that you can help me with some debugging and modifications I would like to make.

I have questions about the BB piercing part only, not the combination with stochastics or any other study. I am trying out your version 3 which i believe is the latest version as an only BB formula. The questions I have are

1. i noticed that you improved the study with arrow placement and shading in later versions, would it be possible to get the code for those same improvements with just BB piercing?

3. It does not seem to be generating all the signals that it should. I set "ResetAlertAtMidleBB" to false but it still doesn't always give me a signal on all instances. im not sure if its supposed to close above the band or just touch, but either way i have seen situations where it has closed above and it still didn't generate a signal...i am wondering if this is a bug with the code or if i am not doing something right or not understanding how its supposed to work.

3. Ideally, I would actually like it to generate a signal on any pierce and then not give another signal till the next bar begins and it pierces again. I mean, signal for not just close above but pierce at all, and also not reset when it hits the bb basis but when the new bar starts.

ok thanks in advance if you can take time out to help me at all. Any attempts I have made to modify the code have been excruciatingly slow and so far unsuccessful.

respectfully,

iqy
                        Last edited by iqy3834; 09-03-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Hi iqy3834,

Try this.

Wayne
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi iqy3834,

The following two links have great links for learning how to program efs studies. Check them out.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=31025

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=31520

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                            X