Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to 'Fisherize' or Stochasticize' an existing study....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to 'Fisherize' or Stochasticize' an existing study....

Hello,

I've just finished reading Ehler's "Cybernetic Analysis For Stocks And Futures".

In it he is enthusiastic about doing what he calls a "Fisherization" and "Stochasticization" of his Relative Vigor Study (or RVI...not to be confused with Relative Volume Index study...I did).

Now there is code in the book...that I've bothered to type out (three pages of the stuff) and it doesn't work. And no info from his websites (book) errata page about (said) code.

So after a long search I was pleased to find a newly updated version of the Relative Vigor Study (RelativeVigorIndex.efs) available from the signal website.

It’s different from the efs code of the same named study in the book. But this appears to be the same (in description) as the original study described.

Ehlers describes this study, in his book and then goes on to describe the benefit of doing a Fisher or Stochastic study of the original study.

So I want to perform a stochastic or fisher study of the Relative Vigor Study that is currently available from the eSignal web site. And (again) I want to do this because Ehlers really likes the oscillator that produces…see page 104:
    ”It appears that the Fisher RVI is the superior oscillator because, almost without exception, it provides trading signals several bars in advance of the other indicators.”

So is there a wizard to help me do a Fisherization? A Stochasticization? How difficult would it be to do?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Best,

gg

Re: I want to 'Fisherize' or Stochasticize' an existing study....

gg
    You can very easily create a Stochastic of RVI with just a few changes to the Relative Vigor Index efs which is available here
    Open the file and change the line
    xRVISig = getSeries(xTemp,1)
    to
    xRVISig = getSeries(stochK(14, 1, 1, xRVI))
    Use stochD in place of stochK if you want to calculate the indicator using the slow Stochastic and adjust the Stochastic parameters to your requirements. Then change the return statement from
    return new Array (xRVI, xRVISig);
    to
    return xRVISig;
    and save the file with a new name. The resulting plot will be the Stochastic of the Relative Vigor Index
    An added benefit of using this RVI study compared to the one you referenced is that this one is enabled for external symbols and/or intervals which means that you can base its calculations on a symbol and/or interval that are different from the one plotted in the chart
    Alex

Originally posted by gguindon
    Hello,

I've just finished reading Ehler's "Cybernetic Analysis For Stocks And Futures".

In it he is enthusiastic about doing what he calls a "Fisherization" and "Stochasticization" of his Relative Vigor Study (or RVI...not to be confused with Relative Volume Index study...I did).

Now there is code in the book...that I've bothered to type out (three pages of the stuff) and it doesn't work. And no info from his websites (book) errata page about (said) code.

So after a long search I was pleased to find a newly updated version of the Relative Vigor Study (RelativeVigorIndex.efs) available from the signal website.

It’s different from the efs code of the same named study in the book. But this appears to be the same (in description) as the original study described.

Ehlers describes this study, in his book and then goes on to describe the benefit of doing a Fisher or Stochastic study of the original study.

So I want to perform a stochastic or fisher study of the Relative Vigor Study that is currently available from the eSignal web site. And (again) I want to do this because Ehlers really likes the oscillator that produces…see page 104:
    ”It appears that the Fisher RVI is the superior oscillator because, almost without exception, it provides trading signals several bars in advance of the other indicators.”

So is there a wizard to help me do a Fisherization? A Stochasticization? How difficult would it be to do?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Best,

gg

Comment

Working...
    X