Help with combing 2 indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with combing 2 indicators

Can anybody help me with combining these two indicators to form a single integrated indicator please

1. MacdColourHist.efs
    2. Macd-Leader.efs

Thank you

Not sure how to attatch the 2 indicator files
    Last edited by sunny2010; 08-24-2010, 07:21 AM.

Hi sunny2010,

A simple solution to combining these studies is to merge both studies in the Advanced Chart.

The help menu explains how. I copied the instructions below.

Merging/UnMerging Studies

You can merge non-price studies in an Advanced Chart window. To merge studies, click on the first study, hold down the Shift button, and drag the study over the study you want to merge it with. Please note that you cannot merge price studies. To unmerge a study, right click on the section of the chart where the studies are merged, then select Un-Merge studies from the right-click menu.
    The forum only allows one attachment per post by placing a checkmark in the "Attach File' box below. To attach two files you could create two posts attaching one file to each or combine the files in a zip file and attaching the zip file to the post. Note there is a size limitation to any attached file.

There is more information about the use of the forums at this link:
    http://forum.esignal.com/misc.php?action=faq

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have already tried this and the problem with it is that the Zero line of each of the indicators never line up correctly, hence the readings of one indicator in relation to the other is always inaccurate.

What I was thinking of was to code the relevant part of the
      Macd-leader.efs into the MacdColourHist.efs, so they form 1 Integral indicator.

My ability is poor at best in writing code, any help with this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

This should help... has standard MACD Histogram underneath MACD Leader plot.

Good trading.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks red49er. Much appreciated.

It was not quite what I had wanted, but I'll have a go using it.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi red49er

Could I bother you or anybody else - regarding the indicator cited below - in modifying it slightly.

1. To add the Signal line
            2. To be able to change Colour, Thickness of line & Line characteristics -( solid - dotted - etc. )

Thanks in anticipation

sunny

Comment

Working...
            X