screening multiple symbols from watchlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screening multiple symbols from watchlist

currently using .efs to screen single symbol...works fine.
    i would like to apply this screen to a watchlist of 100 symbols.
    not concerned about speed, this would be an EOD screen.
    anyone have an example of this strategy?

can anyone point me in the right direction?
    eg where would i look for examples?

thanks for any help,
    peter.

without knowing what you are "screening", here are a few potential solutions.

A. Use FEEDER files to create a series of global arrays, then collect all the global arrays (with a READER), then process and report the data. It takes some time to understand how to do this, but I've been doing things like this for over 2 years with esignal - and it works (in realtime).

B. Use the DDEOutput feature to export DDE information into MS Excel. This will allow you to create and use MS Excel to list and review your "screening results".

See the thread I created in EFS about the newest version of Excel. A friend, WayneCD, helped me resolve an issue with Excel today.

Beyond this, if you need further assistance, try searching these forums for "FEEDER". I'm sure you'll find some sample code to assist you.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

thanks brad. i'm screening for stocks that meet (EOD) screening requirements...today's bar.

i'll manually transfer those stocks those stocks meeting the screening requirement into a quote file for further evaluation. no need for excel.
      not sure if this helps.
      i will research the FEEDER suggestion,
      thanks,
      peter.

Comment

Working...
      X