Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to write a script that monitors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to write a script that monitors...

Hello,

I'd like to write a script that monitors the current condition of several moving averages...in several time frames. So...one script (or one script that calls several scripts) that can monitor (say) 3 ma's in 4 different timeframes (than the one I'm currently on) and report the condition of those ma's back to the one (calling..initiating) script/main function call.

So say I'm on the two minute chart...I'll have my 3 ma's up on that advanced chart...in addition there will be a grid reporting the condition of those same ma's from several different timeframes...5 min, 15 min, 60 min, daily...type thing.

Obviously the difficult issue is making proper use of efsInternal (or efsExternal) such that it could report back the current condition of the 3 ma's in 4 different timeframes.

Everything I've tried so far has crashed my system. And the problem with this kind of thing is; if your code isn't efficient, you can't reload it to troubleshoot...because with every bar...or every tic it crashes again...what to do?

I was wondering if you've got some code that I can use as a reference...an indicator that is akin to a moving average that can monitor several different timeframes.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated,

g

Did you look at the code for custom MA in the e signal/formulas directory?

That is how it is done for the general case, yours seems simpler to me.

Comment

I will - thanks for the tip.

g

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK. I think this is what you're looking for.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X